After completing a static survey you will need to download data files to a computer for storage, post-processing or backup. Also, the receiver memory holds a finite amount of files and information, so downloading data prevents files from being lost. The new Topcon Receiver Utility (TRU) can be used to download files from the receiver to your computer, and to delete files from the receiver using a serial or Bluetooth connection.
Connecting the Receiver and a Computer
Make sure the computer has TRU installed. A current version of TRU can be found at www.topconpositioning.com on the user secure site.
Or download at this link
Topcon Receiver Utility (TRU) is Topcon's hardware configuration software available for installation on desktop computers and hand-held controllers.
TRU is primarily designed for advanced users who need to configure their receiver hardware, or peripheral devices (internal and external modems, Bluetooth boards, etc.).
The application currently has two modes, Terminal and Receiver Managing, which include the following functionality:
- Receiver Information Dialogue
- GNSS Receiver Authorization Options Management
- Upload of Option Authorization Files (OAF) to a Topcon GNSS receiver
- Upload / update of component Firmware (such as Power Board, GNSS Receiver Board, internal Bluetooth, Radios, and / or Modems)
- Sending of utility commands such as Clear NVRAM or Reset Receiver
Before you can download files, you must connect your receiver and computer.
Perform the following to download files using Bluetooth:
1. Power on Topcon GPS Receiver and PC with Bluetooth enabled. (pairing is not required)
2. Launch TRU.
3. Set the Application Mode to Receiver Managing
4. From the Device pull-down Menu select Connect.
5. Select Bluetooth for the connection setting.
8. Click Connect.
12. Delete files on the receiver by right-clicking and selecting Delete.
13. Disconnect from the device upon completion of downloads and file maintenance and Exit TRU.