Topcon FC-25/25A is a pocket-sized, lightweight body with exceptional ruggedness. Conforming to the MIL standard and IP65 dust/water protection.
- Windows Mobile® 6.5
- Embedded 20 Channel GPS Receiver
- WLAN/Bluetooth® Wireless
- 533MHz CPU / 256MB SDRAM
- Field-exchangeable Li-ion Battery
- Rugged and Lightweight (11.3 oz.)
- IP65 Dust/Water Protection
- FC-25A also with Built-in Camera, Compass, and Altimeter
i-Tree is a state-of-the-art, peer-reviewed software suite from the USDA Forest Service that provides urban forestry analysis and benefits assessment tools. i-Tree Tools are in the public domain and are freely accessible. http://www.itreetools.org/
To access i-Tree tools you will have to create a Username and Password and download the installation software
Setup the FC-25:
5. Set Hardware to COM2, 4800
6. Set Programs to COM4
Configure i-Tree Streets
1. Connect FC-25 to PC via Active Sync or Mobile Device Center
2. On the PC install and launch i-Tree Tools Streets module
3. Open the Sample Project
4. Save the Project to a desired location and rename.
5. Open the saved Project.
6. Select Input>Data Fields
8. Select Tools > Work with PDA
11. Select File > Exit
14. Select COM4, 4800, none, 8, one,. Use GPS API (WM5+)
19. Select the button. If all settings are good, you should see the Acquiring signal… message in the bottom Box. Once the GPS is acquired, the data fields will populate allowing capture of the positional data.